Health & Safety
HEALTH AND SAFETY
At St. Chad’s we take health and safety very seriously. Regular inspections of the property and carried out by our Health and Safety Co-ordinator, Doug Tilstone. If you have any concerns about Health and Safety issues, in and around the church and hall, please speak to Doug or to Fr. Sean.
The Church takes very seriously the obligation to protect children and vulnerable adults, and all who work with them in any capacity through the Church have to have clearance from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). This is overseen by the Diocesan Safeguarding Office under the Safeguarding Co-ordinator. He is based at the Curial Offices, 2 Park Road South, Prenton, Wirral CH43 4UX. His phone number is 0151 652 9855 or he can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any concern about the safety of children or vulnerable adults should be addressed to the Safeguarding Office, either directly or through our Parish Safeguarding Representatives, Noel Russell or Bernadette McCrory.
People with disabilities are always welcome at St. Chad’s. If we do not currently have in place the facilities you require, please let Fr. Sean know and we will try to meet your needs.
- There is ramped access via the car-park for wheelchairs.
- Handrails are located at the church door, and at the steps from the road.
- There is an induction loop system for hearing aid users.
- There are toilet facilities for the disabled in the hall, which can be accessed from church.
- A large print newsletter and Mass Book are provided for those who are visually impaired.