Local Pastoral Area
In 2007 Bishop Brian grouped parishes together in Local Pastoral Areas. In a Pastoral Letter in July 2007 he wrote: The purpose of Local Pastoral Areas is to support the viability of local communities. I see co-operation and sharing of resources as central to this purpose. It will, of course, require willingness on everyone’s part to plan and take decisions conducive to the well-bring of the whole area.
St. Chad’s is linked with our daughter parishes: St. Ann’s, Cheadle Hulme and Christ Church, Heald Green. Together we form ST. CHAD’S LOCAL PASTORAL AREA (LPA 19).
The LPA plans joint activities and gives support to the three parishes through meetings of parish representatives – the LPA Team – consisting of the three parish priests, an elected rep from each parish, and a teacher and a catechist appointed by the Bishop
THE LPA TEAM
- St. Chad’s – Fr. Sean and Mrs. Bernie McShane
- St. Ann’s – Fr. Sean and Mr. Bob Silcock
- Christ Church – Fr. Tony and Mrs. Joan Bleackley
- Catechist – Mrs. Christine Bodley>
- Teacher – Mrs. Margaret York
The three parishes share the three schools: Cheadle Catholic Infant School, Cheadle Catholic Junior School, and St. James’ Catholic High School
WHAT WE DO TOGETHER
- Services of Reconciliation are celebrated each Lent.
- An annual Day of Recollection is held primarily for Readers and Extraordinary Ministers of Communion, but all are welcome.
- Confirmation is celebrated jointly for all Year 9 students
- One of the priests is a school governor
- All three priests share chaplaincy work in the schools
- At social events arranged by one parish, members of the other parishes are welcome